|How much should I pay each month?||The suggested amount of a child sponsorship is $35.00 per month, but the sponsor can donate more or less and change their monthly donation amount at any time. The amount may be sent monthly, quarterly or annually. Please indicate on the reply envelope, on the check or a separate note the name(s) of the girl(s) you are sponsoring. All contributions are tax deductible. The thank you letters you receive will serve as your tax-deductible receipt.|
|Where should I send my financial support?||We would like for contributions to be made online, but you can also send check(s) to our US-based finance office. All of your contributions are deposited into a Prince of Peace account and reported to the leaders of the Home in Guatemala.
The support address is:
Prince of Peace Home for Girls; P.O. Box 1344; Mt. Sterling, KY 40353
If you have any questions with your electronic or recurring contributions, please email our coordinator at email@example.com.
|How long is the commitment?||We ask that you commit to at least one year, if possible. This allows the girl(s) as well as you, the sponsor, to get to know each other. Furthermore, we encourage you to continue sponsoring the child as long as she remains at the Home.|
|What happens if my child leaves during my commitment of sponsorship?||We notify sponsors via email if your child is no longer at the Home. We will then ask you if you would like to choose or be assigned another girl to sponsor. We will then send you an updated packet of information about your new child.|
|Does my sponsoring a girl really make an impact?||YES! The girl(s) that you sponsor will receive opportunities that many other Guatemalan children may never know. The following is a list of services and opportunities:
A Place to call Home
|Am I the only sponsor for the girl that I choose?||No, because the actual cost for all that is listed above comes to $350.00 per month per girl.|
|What happens if I discontinue my sponsorship?||We understand that your financial situation can fluctuate. Therefore, if you need to discontinue your sponsorship, we will find a new sponsor as soon as possible for this child. In addition, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible of any upcoming changes. You can also contact our sponsorship coordinator to make sure your recurring donations are discontinued.|
|Can I write the girl(s) I sponsor?||Yes absolutely, we welcome your communication with the girls. Our girls love to receive mail and or packages. However, please understand that the postal system of Guatemala is not the most reliable. Often packages can take up to 2-3 months to arrive and may require us to pay an additional postage. We do encourage light weight envelopes with items such as photos, bookmarks or stickers. It is also an incredible help to us if you can have your letters translated into Spanish prior to sending.
Mail can be sent to:
|Will my girl write to me?||With the challenges of international mail and complexities associated with using social media, we are developing a new safe system for the girls to communicate with their sponsors. You can, however, expect to receive at least one card or letter from “your” girl each year.|
|Can I send gifts for special occasions?||Yes and No. Again, because of the unreliable postal system we discourage actual gifts unless you are coming to visit in person. However if you want to contribute funds for a special occasion such as Christmas or birthday, you can send it to the Kentucky address and note which occasion it is for. The suggested amount is $5 to $20 per gift. The Home will purchase a gift for the girl keeping with her best interest.|
|Can I make payments online or have it deducted from my bank account?||Yes. It is as easy as clicking a button. Simply click the GIVE NOW button and choose the electronic method you wish to give; credit card or you can enter information on your checking or savings and have the money automatically deducted from your account. This process is secure and convenient for your giving. If you would like to have funds drawn directly from your bank account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Can I visit the girl that I sponsor?||Yes! You are more than welcome to come and spend some quality time with the girl(s) that you sponsor. We ask that you please check with our team coordinator Mari Cruz Inzep at email@example.com to determine which weeks are available for visiting the home. We want to insure that the time that you have here is in the best interest of your schedule and ours.|
|How do I book a team to visit Prince of Peace??||Contact our team coordinator Maricruz Inzep at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to do when booking a team?
3. 6 months prior to trip, have an informative meeting for interested participants. * At this meeting, you may want someone who has previously been to POP present to give a brief presentation and field any questions regarding POP. *Pray and suggest team members begin praying for the girls ( go to princeofpeacegt.com; under girls to see who is currently in the home)* Clarify dates of trip, cost of trip($320.00 for six nights stay plus $65.00 for each additional night with the approval from the director), expected deadlines for application, passport ( go to www.travel.state.gov/passport for more info). * Make decisions regarding flight arrangements (will each participant find and purchase tickets individually, or will flight arrangements be made as a group; will you use a travel agent?) * Decide if fund raising efforts will be made for the trip. You may want to raise funds for the following: for individuals to participate in the trip, for needed items for POP girls (clothing, towels, school supplies, etc.), special outings with the girls while on trip such as a visit to the water park, zoo, or buy pizza for dinner. Suggestions for fundraisers are as follows: Mission meal, Golf scramble, bake sale, yard sale, and ask specifically for sponsors for each girl. If you plan a fundraiser, set dates and assign responsibilities. *Plan agenda for next meeting.
4. 4 months prior to trip,* deadline to confirm participation in trip by giving leader application and non refundable deposit. Applications can be found at princeofpeacegt.com ; click on “about” and then click on “team manual”. Please make every effort to obtain airline tickets as a group or arrive around the same time to make the pickup flow more smoothly.
5. 3 months prior to trip, have a meeting to * Pray *hand out itinerary for flights, or ensure each team member has made flight reservations. * finalize arrangements for fund raising events. Have all fund raising events completed by the end of this month. *assign responsibility for daily devotions ( 10 -20 min. devotion to be given after breakfast each day to team members)
6. 2 months prior,* confirm all participants have a passport, or have made an appointment to obtain their passport this month.* If flight reservations made as a group, collect cost of flight from each team member and make final payment. *Send one check for room and board ($30 per night per team member to Prince of Peace Ministries, Inc. to PO Box 1344, Mt. sterling, KY 40353.
7. 1 month prior to trip, have final meeting to *pray, *pack any extra carry- on bags which may have items for the POP girls (divide like items up and take all tags off items for immigration purposes); check with airline regarding weight limit on carry on and cost of extra carry on * ensure all participants/team members have their passport. *plan time to meet at airport and or plans for transportation to airport (driving individually or together?) * go over needed items team members will want to pack. * follow up with team members who are responsible for daily devotions.
8. 2 Weeks before the trip, exchange money needs to be deposited, and one week before the trip the leader needs to contact each team member to see if they have any questions, needs, and confirm time to be at airport or designated meeting place to go to airport.
9. Enjoy your trip and be prepared for God to change your heart!
10. SPONSOR A GIRL BEFORE YOU LEAVE PRINCE OF PEACE!!